1.19.2015

101 Cancer Fighting Foods: Chemo Edition

Smoked salmon, Caesars, sushi: my top three food groups... none of which I can have during chemo.

Last night I woke up at 3AM thinking of two things.

1) How torturous and terrible insomnia is (if I'm going to have a year off, can't I AT LEAST sleep in?!). I think it's proven that any thoughts you have after 1AM are never good ones. My friends and I have discussed multiple times how nothing good ever comes after 1AM. Unless you count poutine after going to the bar, and that usually happens after 1AM: and poutine at any time is never a bad thing, right?

2) All of the food that I want to eat (I'm one paragraph in and have already mentioned poutine and I spent an hour making food collages so that's probably a good indicator).

I had written an entire post detailing my chemo and all of my updates from round 3. Then I erased it all.

I couldn't even type, write, or talk about cancer for one more second without wanting to jump off a bridge.

So, instead, here are pictures of all of the food that my steroid induced brain is craving (steroids for anti nausea make you HUNGRY!). This is me checking in, saying hi, and that round 3 went smoothly, I am halfway done, and I escaped it without nausea! The chemo scoreboard is now Sam - 2 Cancer - 1. 

As a side note, some of my lovely friends held a hockey tournament for me this weekend. I was interviewed by the Ottawa Sun, and next thing I knew my face had a one page spread in the paper.


Can my claim to fame be that I told the Ottawa Sun that I "was happy not to be barfing my brains out" on Christmas? Someone needs to coach me on what to say before I do any more big time interviews....

xx

Sam

PS - the title of this post is a joke. Just so, y'know, I don't get backlash for telling everyone that a Kraft Dinner burger and smoked meat poutine cure cancer. ;)



The (un)Organized Mind + Blog design by labinastudio.